Keeping you in the loop at Orange Grove www.orangegroveffo.com
The Season of Giving
The holiday season offers us an opportunity to give thanks and lend a hand to those in need. This year the Orange Grove Student Action Committee (SAC) is collecting donations for the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona. Monday, all the donations will be sorted by student and parent volunteers and then picked up by the Community Food Bank. Monday is the last day to donate food items. The homeroom with the most canned food will be rewarded with a hot chocolate party. Thank you for your support of this wonderful project, and special thanks to Amy Bhola and others for their work in organizing the event. To sign up you or your student to help organize food on Monday after school see the link…
Another way to give during this season is through our Direct Donation Campaign:
Donate before Dec 31st to earn a charitable tax donation for your 2016 taxes. Thank you to those of you who have already supported our direct donation fundraiser! Your donations have already allowed the FFO to purchase online math licenses for the entire 6th grade, financial support for Band, Music, PE, and Teachers, and much more! There is more needed and we have not met budget yet. If you haven’t already participated in our direct giving campaign, please consider doing so. You can donate in the front office, or you can donate online at http://orangegroveffo.com/fundraising/ (click on the DONATE button). Questions can be directed to Linda Gee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Every donation counts!
Support OGMS while you shop for the holidays!
There are several ways for you to support our school while getting your holiday shopping done.
· AJ’s Community Cards: These cards can be used like gift cards at Bashas’, Food City, and A.J.’s, and are great for gift giving or shopping. For each card we sell and each time it is reloaded, OGMS earns 6% of the (re)load amount. You can even load your card to purchase gift cards sold at these stores! $10 cards can be purchased with check or cash in the front office; or at our website www.orangegroveffo.com. To order multiple cards at once, email Galena at email@example.com.
· Fry’s Community Rewards: Buying your holiday meal at Fry’s? Make sure to link your Fry’s VIP card to OGMS by using the following link and clicking on “Enroll Now”. https://www.frysfood.com/topic/new-community-rewards-program
· Box Tops for Education: Don’t forget to clip box tops and turn them into the front office.
Volunteers always needed for lunch duty
Have time during your day and want to get a glimpse into the middle school culture? We can always use your help volunteering during lunch. All that is required is that you ask students to be respectful, throw their trash away, push in their chairs and demonstrate Panther Pride. If you can help, go to the following link to sign up.
We have so many things to be thankful for at OGMS:
- Our wonderful Principal, Susan Rosenthal, for always being present and understanding what our kids need to learn and grow as self-directed individuals.
- Our amazing counselors that help tackle student problems, however big or small.
- Anne Morgan and Cris Algeo for working tirelessly to keep the front office running smoothly and doing it with smiles!
- Teachers, educational assistants, custodial staff and every individual that works together to make Orange Grove a fantastic place for our kids to attend.
- Supportive parents who help in so many ways: lunch duty, donations to the Panther Pride Campaign, eating at the Dine-Outs, volunteering on an FFO committee, driving safely through the parking lot, reading the newsletter J, and following us on Facebook, to name a few.
- And of course, a remarkable group of students who work to demonstrate kindness, respect, and responsibility on campus every single day.
Have a very happy holiday season! We hope to see you at the first FFO meeting of the New Year on Thursday, January 26th at 8:30 a.m. in the school library.
Save the date! Friday Feb 3rd is OGMS’s Color Run- more details coming!
Galena Robinson, FFO President, firstname.lastname@example.org