The theme of the month is “Kindness”, which blends well with the Holiday Season upon us. In the hustle and bustle of all December brings, it’s important to step back, take a breath, and reflect on the season’s true meaning.
Celebrating family traditions of kindness and giving, or starting new ones, is a great way to reconnect with your middle school child. Need some ideas? Here are a few:
- Volunteer at an animal shelter. Donate towels or your time, both would be greatly appreciated. Also, consider sponsoring an adoption which will allow a cat or dog a better chance of finding a forever home.
- Visit a nursing home and spend time talking with the residents.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter preparing and serving meals.
- Go to the grocery store together to buy food for a charity.
- Donate money to your favorite charity.
As always, your counselors are here to support you during this time of the year. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you or your family need assistance.
Mary Brannen - 6th grade
Caryl Altman - 7th and 8th grades