Keeping You in the Loop
Keeping you in the Loop at Orange Grove
I’m sure you will all agree that the summer flew by! Ready or not, here we go! It is a busy time for everyone and I hope you and your students transition back to school smoothly.
As parents at Orange Grove, you are all members of our Family Faculty Organization (FFO). We invite you to learn more about our group by attending the first meeting of the school year on August 24th at 8:30 a.m. in the school library. We realize that it isn’t possible for everyone to make these meetings, especially working parents, so we’ll make sure to keep you in the loop in other ways too. The FFO has a website and blog (http://orangegroveffo.com as well as a FaceBook page (https://www.facebook.com/ogmsffo/) where you can learn about our fundraisers, the various opportunities to volunteer, and read the minutes from our meetings.
Wondering how you can become more involved with OGMS? Here are 3 ideas:
1. Give the gift of time: We're looking for more people who will be able to volunteer their time and talent to help make the coming school year another great year for our students. Make signs, show our teachers and staff how much we appreciate them, help students learn more about philanthropy, and more! Some of the specific ways we need help are:
Lunch duty: During the lunch periods, parents are needed to help supervise students so teachers and staff can take their lunch break or be available to work in other areas of campus. This is a pretty easy job and gives you the chance to interact with the students. Learn more and sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c48aba72aa64-ogms1
· Parking lot:Learn more and sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c48aba72aa64-ogms2
· Join a committee: Love arts and crafts? Showing our appreciation for teachers and staff? Philanthropy? We have a committee for you! Contact me to learn more about how you can make a difference at OGMS!
2. Give the gift of financial support: THANK YOU to each of you who have already contributed to our Panther Pride Direct Donation Campaign! We value all contributions, whether it is $5 or $500, because it all goes toward supporting our students and teachers. To donate, look for the orange flyers in the office, contact Blythe Edmonson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or donate via InTouch.
3. Give the gift of your presence: Join us at one of our upcoming events:
· Our first Dine Out from 4:00-8:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 17th at Chipotle, who are generously donating 50% of the proceeds to OGMS! Make sure to pick up a flyer in the front office or download it from our website or FaceBook page.
· Our first FFO meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, August 24th
· Parent Open House at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 31st – This is a time for parents to follow their child’s daily schedule, meet their teachers and learn more about a day in the life of your Orange Grove student.
We’re looking forward to a GREAT year with each of you at Orange Grove. Thank you from your FFO!
Gina Mehmert, OGMS FFO President